Please download the Student Selection Guidelines PDF. It contains sample letters, forms and questionaires you can print out and use during the student selection process.
Student Selection Guidelines (.pdf file 192 KB)
Sample Interview Questions
- What are your plans for next year?
- Five years from now?
- Twenty years from now?
- Who has been the most important person in your life?
- If you were trying to convince a new company to relocate in your town, what are three positive features of the community you would stress?
- What are your three most important values?
- If you could make one change affecting your High School, what would it be?
- Outside your family and friends, who do you most respect?
- What is the most important issue presently facing the President and Congress?
- What is the last book you read for pleasure?
- What are your feelings about the grade requirements for participation in extracurricular activities?
- Outside of your classes, what activity has been the most important in terms of your personal growth?
- What makes a good leader?
- Why are ethics important in leadership?
- Who do you know that you feel is an outstanding leader and why?
- If five candidates, including you, are equally qualified, why should you be the one selected for RYLA?
- If you had the power and money to do something good for mankind, what would it be and why?
- As a teenager what do you see as your role in the community? (i.e. setting examples, community service)
- Name your hero or role model you look up to, and tell us why he/she is important to you.
- Name one thing that you have done that made you feel good about yourself.